Thursday 28 October 2010

Daigo Ikeno

Daigo IkenoBy Elisha Brown
For my artist I choose Daigo Ikeno, he is an artist for the games company Capcom that has done concept and character designs for twelve games (1) including his most recent work on Street Fighter 4 and Dead Rising. I came across Ikeno when the latest Street Fighter game (Street fighter 4) was released, the art style was so unique with such attention to detail so I researched into what he’s influences were. I found that he used the style of Japanese ink illustrations also known as sumi-e as shown in fig.1, I love all the brush strokes as it adds movement to artwork and makes the image look so much more alive.
Using this style for the concept art has made the images unique and not just simple sketches, people will recognise them as well especially in the game as shown in Fig.2 as you can see how the lighting used in the concept art is shown to make the muscles more realistic.
Overall, I really like Daigo Ikeno as he has a unique style that is recognizable and hopefully the next Capcom game he works on he will have the same influence. 



 




No comments:

Post a Comment